Registration for 2022-23 session is now on case-by-case basis. Please get in touch with our Membership sevak at (858) 215-2673 or [email protected] for additional information.
CMSD COVID-19 Protocols
CMSD is concerned about the safety and well-being of all children, adults, sevaks and sevikas attending the events, including the "Information & Registration session" and regular Sunday session. So, it is mandatory that everyone follows the COVID-19 protocols.
- All attendees are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated (if they are eligible) and to wear a mask in the ashram.
- Do NOT enter the ashram if you have a fever or any other COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the last 7 days, but you are asymptomatic, you can come to the ashram wearing a mask.
- If you are vaccinated, undertook international travel in the last 7 days, or have been in close contact with anyone who undertook international travel in the last 7 days, but you are asymptomatic, you can come to the ashram wearing a mask. If you are unvaccinated, undertook international travel or came in close contact with someone who undertook international travel, please wait for 5 days before coming to the ashram.
Please note that:
- There will be no vaccination requirement at the ashram.
- Please bring your own water bottles as we do not recommend the use of the water fountain.
Bala Vihar, Shishu Vihar as well as programs for adults are for entire family’s spiritual growth. All adults in the family, children ages 3 and 4 as well as those in grades KG through 12 are enrolled when a family registration is completed. The sessions are held on Sundays with approximating the Poway Unified School district’s calendar. Children are in Shishu Vihar program if they are 3 or 4 years old on September 1st of that school year, and in Bala Vihar if they are in grade KG through 12 in a regular school in the matching grade. Shishu Vihar is a "mommy-and-me" program.
Venue: Chinmaya Jyoti
Address: 12249 Ninth Street, Poway CA 92064
Language classes are offered for the children in grades 1 through 8 and are dependent on sevak availability. They are part of the Bala Vihar program. For last several Bala Vihar years, we have been offering Hindi, and Tamil. Enrollment in language classes is optional.
2022-23 Session dates
Start Date: Sunday, August 21, 2022
Last day: Sunday, June 18, 2023
Registration for 2022-23 session is on case-by-case basis. Please get in touch with our Membership sevak at (858) 215-2673 or [email protected] for additional information.
- For each child we require:
- Shishu Vihar children to be 3 or 4 years on or before September 1, 2022
- Bala Vihar children to be in grades KG through 12 in academic year 2022-23
- Details about medical conditions, allergies and medical issues
- A family photo: All families must have a recent family photo in their family information. For families that have enrolled at least one child, this photo should have been taken since May 1st of this year. For families not enrolling any children, the photo should have been taken within last 5 years. The photo should have all adults responsible for children and show clearly visible and identifiable faces. Other requirements of the photo are:
- Photo should be color photo in high resolution that is not blurry, grainy or pixelated
- Clear image of the faces without any filters or effects
- No selfies or digitally altered photos
- Plain white or off-white background
- Taken in normally worn clothes or simple Indian clothes as per Etiquettes and Guidelines
- Photos should show full faces including clearly visible hairline
- For examples of good photos, please see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html
Sunday schedule during session
|Program||Arrive at||Starts at||Ends at|
|Shishu Vihar||11:00 AM||11:15 AM||12:30 PM|
|Bala Vihar: KG, Grades 1-8 without language enrollment||8:45 AM||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Bala Vihar: Grades 1-8 with language enrollment, Grades 9-12||8:45 AM||9:00 AM||12:30 PM with break from 11:00 AM to 11:15 AM|
|Adults: Gita discourses followed by discussion group||8:45 AM||9:00 AM||12:30 PM with break from 11:00 AM to 11:15 AM|
Chinmaya Mission San Diego sends e-mails from following addresses; so it helps to add them to your contacts. Also, if you do not find the communication in your Inbox, please check your spam/junk mail settings.
- [email protected] - For Weekly Communicator - do not forward
- [email protected] - For CMSD Portal - do not forward
- [email protected] - Used to contact membership sevak
- [email protected] - For automated registration system e-mails - do not forward
During the session Chinmaya Mission San Diego conveys information to registered families through Weekly Communicator that is sent out every Thursday before noon. Please keep your profile updated so that you do not miss out on any communications. If you do not find the communicator in your Inbox, check your spam/junk mail settings. Weekly Communicator is sent from [email protected]. Please do not forward these to anyone as it is for current members only.
During the session, families with registered children are also enrolled in CMSD Portal. CMSD Portal e-mails come from [email protected] and the e-mails have children's grade-specific notices. There is no fixed schedule for these e-mails. Please do not forward these to anyone as it is for current members only.