CMSD 2019-20 session will commence in August 18, 2019. Starting Thursday, August 8, 2019 registration is on case-by-case basis. Please get in touch with our Membership sevak at (858) 215-2673 or send an e-mail to [email protected] for additional information.
Bala Vihar program logistics:
Bala Vihar program is for entire family’s spiritual growth. All adults in the family and children in grades Pre-K through 12 are enrolled when a family registration is completed. The sessions are held on Sundays with approximating the Poway Unified School district’s calendar. Children are in “Shishu Vihar” program (Pre-K) if they can attend a public school in KG grade in the following school year.
Venue: Chinmaya Jyoti
Address: 12249 Ninth Street, Poway CA 92064
Language classes are offered for the children in grades 1 through 8 and are dependent on sevak availability. They are part of the Bala Vihar program. For last several Bala Vihar years, we have been offering Hindi, and Tamil. Enrollment in language classes is optional.
Registration requirements for 2019-20 Bala Vihar program:
- For each child we require:
- The child to be 4 years on or before September 1, 2019
- Details about medical conditions, allergies and medical issues
- Emergency contact information
- A family photo: All families must update their family information with a recent family photo. For families that have enrolled at least one child, this photo should have been taken since May 1, 2019. For families not enrolling any children, the photo should have been taken since May 1, 2014. The photo should have all adults responsible for children and shows clearly visible and identifiable faces.
- Photo requirements are:
- Photo should be color photo in high resolution that is not blurry, grainy or pixelated
- Clear image of the faces without any filters or effects
- No selfies or digitally altered photos
- Plain white or off-white background
- Taken in normally worn clothes or simple Indian clothes as per Etiquettes and Guidelines
- Photos should show full faces including clearly visible hairline
- For examples of good photos, please see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html
Sunday schedule during session
Starts at: 9:00 AM (please arrive by 8:45 AM)
Pre-K and K session, discourse for adults ends at: 11:00 AM (also, for children in grades 1-8 not enrolled in language classes)
Grades 1 through 12 session ends at: 12:30 PM (with break from 11:00 AM to 11:15 AM).
Discussion group for adults: 11:15 AM - 12:30 PM
Language class enrollment: Enrollment will be on the first day of the session
2019-20 Session dates
Start Date: Sunday, August 18, 2019
Last day: Sunday, June 21, 2020
CMSD Mailing Lists
The weekly communicators to the current CMSD members are posted to this mailing list. In order to get the weekly updates on CMSD, all the current CMSD members are requested to remain subscribed to this mailing list. Please keep your profile updated so that you do not miss out on any communications. If you do not find the communicator in your Inbox, check your spam/junk mail settings. It helps to add [email protected] address to your contacts.